Sunday, March 17, 2013

'Hit-Girl' Is In "Vogue"




Sneak Peek new images and an exclusive video of actress Chloë Grace Moretz ("Kick-Ass 2") from the pages of the March 2013 issue of "Teen Vogue" magazine.

Moretz made a name for herself with breakout roles in the first "Kick-Ass" feature, followed by starring roles in director Martin Scorsese's "Hugo and Tim Burton's "Dark Shadows".


"I look back at that movie," said Moretz about the first "Kick-Ass" film,"and I think, Wow, I see why it's so inappropriate. But I'm proud to say that I made a different life for myself. 


As for her starring role as telekinetically-gifted 'Carrie White', Moretz explains that "Carrie is the epitome of a girl who's been broken down by others. When I was auditioning for 'Carrie', I was told, 'Well, look, you're too young, you're too pretty, you're too accomplished.' 



"But I love showing people I can do something that they might think I will never be able to do. 


"Playing someone who's happy-go-lucky and has a good life and a nice family—it's boring for me. Because that's my life. I have a good family...


"I want to be able to say, 'I'm not just an actress.' I need to be able to say, 'I can quit this business and go live my own life and be whoever I want to be.'


"I've been told a hundred times that I would fail. I've learned not to listen too much to others. My philosophy is if something makes you happy, do it. If it doesn't make you happy, stop. You have to be spontaneous. Don't play the best friend in the film version of your life. Be the leading lady.


"I like being challenged, playing characters that are a little messed up."


Click the images to enlarge and Sneak Peek Chloë Grace Moretz...